Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 1 of no sugar

Today is our first official day of no sugar.  I almost broke down at CVS today.  I know they aren't good, but I absolutely love the conversation hearts.  Not the Necco ones.  They changed them and they aren't as good.  CVS sells the Brach's ones though and they are still the same.  I could eat a whole bag of them in one day.  Sadly Valentines day candy just gives way to Easter candy.  Jelly Beans!  I have eaten whole bags of those in one day too.  I think I just made it obvious that I am a sugar addict and need to get it out of my diet.  I just had a banana with some peanut butter and honey.  It was pretty good and helped the cravings go away for a little while. Now we're just snacking on a pomegranate. 

I started exercising again on the Wii.  When I was in Chicago last weekend, I realized just how out of shape I've gotten.  As a Chicagoan, I was ashamed of it too!  I only worked out for 30 minutes today and didn't do anything too strenuous.  I usually do too much too soon and then I'm so sore I can't work out and never get the habit going.  Hopefully going slowly will help me to stick with it.  Last time I went off sugar, I didn't exercise and still lost 15 lbs.  I need to lose more this time so I'm hoping that exercising will kick it up a notch. 

It's so nice to have Chad doing this with me!  He's always been skeptical about it and didn't really want to do it, but now that he's getting paid to lose weight he's all about it.  Hey, whatever works!  They say misery loves company!  LOL! 

1 comment: